Home Instruction Resources
Student Services Links
- Student and Administrative Services Home
- Inclement Weather and Emergency Early Dismissal Closings Information
- Home Instruction Information
- Homeless/McKinney-Vento/Project Hope-Virginia Information
- Management of Student Welfare
- Orange Accountability Project
- Safe Schools
- Student and Administrative Services Intranet Site
- Home Schooling Information from the Virginia Department of Education (from Virginia Department of Education Website)
- Guidelines for Home Instruction in Virginia (from Virginia Department of Education Website)
- Notice of Intent to Provide Home Instruction Form
- Driver Education Information
- OCPS Policy LBD Home Instruction
- OCPS Policy JECB Admission of Nonpublic Students for Part-time Enrollment
- OCPS Notice to Discontinue Home Instruction
Information Regarding Testing Opportunities
High school-aged students who receive home instruction may participate in Advanced Placement (AP) and Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) examinations and are eligible to receive financial assistance to the same extent as students enrolled in Orange County Public Schools. The PSAT examination is offered at no charge to 10th grade students only. Parents may contact the Orange County High School’s test coordinator at 540-661-4288 by June 15 for PSAT registration information and by November 1 for AP test registration information.
Evidence of Achievement and End of School Year Testing Resources
The Virginia Board of Education mandates that all home instructed students be assessed. The Home School Legal Defense Association provides information regarding year-end assessments. The Orange County School Board does not place a preference on one test over another.
Contact Michelle Milligan with questions about home instruction by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 540-661-4550.