Department of Human Resources – Benefits
Orange County Public Schools offers a wide range of benefit options that promote a healthy lifestyle and contribute to financial security. County sponsored benefit programs include the following:
- Anthem Health Insurance
- Delta Dental Insurance
- Blue View Vision (through Anthem)
- Health Savings Plan (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS) for full-time employees
- Life Insurance (All full-time employees are provided with 2x their salary in life insurance)
- Sick Leave Bank (For Plan 1 and Plan 2 VRS employees)
NOTE: Access to these documents requires a valid Orange County Public Schools staff user account.
We understand that employees and their families have differing needs. We offer additional voluntary benefit options that encourage individualized financial planning as well as added insurances.
- Tax Deferred Savings (403(b), 457(b), etc.)
- Voluntary Vision Plan/ Eye Med
- The Standard (voluntary group short term disability, long term disability, critical illness, and accident coverages)
- Legal Resources
- Anthem EAP (Employee Assistance Program or by phone at 1-800-865-1044