The first day of the 2018-19 school year is August 15th. The Back-to-School page contains supply lists, orientation dates, open house dates, and fall sports information for the upcoming year.
The Head Start and Early Head Start Programs are now enrolling students for the 2018-19 school year.
Orange County Head Start & Pre-K Programs is a central point of entry for several different pre-kindergarten options. These include federally-funded Head Start & Early Head Start serving children birth to five and expectant families; state-funded Virginia Preschool Initiative serving 4 year olds who will be attending kindergarten the following school year, and a fee-based child care program.
Orange County Public Schools are proud to announce that we are participating in the 2018 Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). Meals will be provided to all children under the age of 18 without charge. Meals are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.
In July of 2017, Orange County Public Schools received a fiber optics project grant from the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC). The project will bring fiber to the school division and local community by utilizing federal and state E-rate funding.
Work on the project began May 17th.
Pictured are crews plowing and laying conduit, putting in hand-hold pull boxes, and using ground penetrating radar.
Mrs. Briana Hoover, a mathematics teacher at Orange County High School, has been named the 2018 Orange County Public Schools’ Teacher of the Year. The award was announced during the school division’s seventh annual Student-Teacher Achievement Awards Program at Orange County High School held on April 25, 2018.
The Orange County School Board appointed Dr. Cecil Snead as Superintendent during its called meeting and work session on Monday, April 30.
During its regular meeting on Monday, January 8, the Orange County School Board accepted the resignation of Dr. Brenda M. Tanner, as its Superintendent of Schools effective June 30, 2018. Dr. Tanner has served as the Superintendent for Orange County Public Schools (OCPS) since June 2014.
The Hour of Code started as a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify “code”, to show that anybody can learn the basics, and to broaden participation in the field of computer science. It has since become a worldwide effort to celebrate computer science, starting with 1-hour coding activities but expanding to all sorts of community efforts.
Stay in touch with Orange County Public Schools by downloading our new mobile app! Download on your mobile device today and select yes to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Lunch Menus – Always know what the next day will bring.
- Calendar Events – Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- District News – Important and up to date news so you can stay in the loop with what’s happening in the District.
- Customize – Click on the Settings Wheel to customize the app on your device. Click Edit to select your child’s school and calendar events and push notifications will be sent your way!
- Stay Informed – Access one or more news feeds or calendars all in one place – so you’re always up-to-date on what’s going on!
- Quick Access – Visit the schools section for quick access to your school’s phone number, website information and staff directory. Click to call or visit the website. Fast and easy!
Download the App