Documents and Links
- Distance Learning Parent Support
- Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Orange Empoderando Estudiantes Alcanzando Sueños Plan Instructivo de OCPS
- Plan OCPS para la distribución de materiales de instrucción
- OCPS Instructional Plan to Complete the Year
- OCPS Plan for Deployment of Instructional Materials to Complete the Year
- Información de la escuela superior del condado de Orange para el periodo 4 Cuarto
- OCHS Q4 FAQ
- Carta de Informacion Para los Padres
- VDOE COVID-19 Parent Resource
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Community Resources
- March 12 Letter to Orange County Public Schools Students and Families
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Special Populations
- Parent Guide for School Age Children from Virginia Department of Education
During its July 16, 2020 meeting, the School Board took action to revise the school calendar for the 2020-21 school year. The revised 2020-21 calendar provides Orange County Public Schools with more planning time for the reopening of schools due to COVID-19. With the...
As stated in earlier communications, the reopening plan evolves as staff learns more information about family dynamics. Recently, a transportation registration survey was made available online. Those who were not able to access the live link on bus registration will...
As noted in the last blog post dated June 24, 2020 we released what we termed as “preliminary planning” for school reopening and what families should prepare for at that time. It was a status update of what we believed we could operationally support based upon the...
The plan for reopening school for students on August 10, 2020 is within clear focus. We would like to thank all families who participated in the survey about the spring distance learning experience. We have made adjustments to our distance learning practice to reflect the survey data.
Governor Northam and State Superintendent James Lane informed the public today that schools will have the option of reopening in phases under guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health (VDH). The Virginia Department...
We, as an Orange County family, have surely encountered a most trying set of circumstances during the past few months. We thank the students, parents, and community for their support and understanding as we have augmented our practices to meet the changing times that...
During this week we are honoring our exceptional OCHS Class of 2020! I want to thank each of the students who are graduating for their courage, maturity, and leadership. In my interactions with you over the past two years you have always been thoughtful and kind while...
We are customarily aware that the teaching and learning process occurs at the nexus of relationships intertwined carefully with the art of teaching and the science of teaching.
Our Thursday, April 23rd meals service data suggest a 31% increase in total meals served over last weeks’ total meals served.
Staff have successfully implemented three weeks of planning into reality this past week. Throughout the past three weeks under the leadership of the Directors of Instruction, teachers created digital content for students for the remainder of the school year.