Documents and Links
- Distance Learning Parent Support
- Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Orange Empoderando Estudiantes Alcanzando Sueños Plan Instructivo de OCPS
- Plan OCPS para la distribución de materiales de instrucción
- OCPS Instructional Plan to Complete the Year
- OCPS Plan for Deployment of Instructional Materials to Complete the Year
- Información de la escuela superior del condado de Orange para el periodo 4 Cuarto
- OCHS Q4 FAQ
- Carta de Informacion Para los Padres
- VDOE COVID-19 Parent Resource
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Community Resources
- March 12 Letter to Orange County Public Schools Students and Families
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Special Populations
- Parent Guide for School Age Children from Virginia Department of Education
14 de agosto de 2020 Estimados padres y tutores: Estamos muy emocionados de que nuestros estudiantes regresen en la semana del 24 de agosto de 2020. A la luz de la propagación continua de COVID-19 en nuestra comunidad, hemos estado trabajando en estrecha colaboración...
We have more prominently displayed a button on the Orange County Public Schools homepage that links to a support page containing: Computer and iPad Support; Canvas Support for Students; Canvas Support for Parents; Parent Resources; and Supporting Offline Learners....
As we move towards a modified hybrid reopening of Orange County Public Schools, staff have created a letter to parents and guardians that distills the large health plan document into a bulleted format. The emphases within the letter include: expectations for parents,...
The Instructional Plan was officially approved by the Orange County Public Schools School Board at the August 3rd meeting. The Instructional Plan has also been received by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE). While the VDOE does not officially approve...
The school board conducted a work session last evening (July 27, 2020) where we introduced the final drafts of the instruction plan and health plan.** We are at liberty to share the presentations as presented to the school board at the work session. You'll find the...
During its July 16, 2020 meeting, the School Board took action to revise the school calendar for the 2020-21 school year. The revised 2020-21 calendar provides Orange County Public Schools with more planning time for the reopening of schools due to COVID-19. With the...
As stated in earlier communications, the reopening plan evolves as staff learns more information about family dynamics. Recently, a transportation registration survey was made available online. Those who were not able to access the live link on bus registration will...
As noted in the last blog post dated June 24, 2020 we released what we termed as “preliminary planning” for school reopening and what families should prepare for at that time. It was a status update of what we believed we could operationally support based upon the...
The plan for reopening school for students on August 10, 2020 is within clear focus. We would like to thank all families who participated in the survey about the spring distance learning experience. We have made adjustments to our distance learning practice to reflect the survey data.
Governor Northam and State Superintendent James Lane informed the public today that schools will have the option of reopening in phases under guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health (VDH). The Virginia Department...