From February 28th through March 1st, OCHS DECA competed at the DECA State Leadership Conference in Virginia Beach, VA. The following students placed and advanced to International competition in Nashville, TN at the end of April:
- Sade Robinson placed 6th overall in Retail Merchandising individual series
- Tyler Downs placed 7th overall in Business Services Marketing individual series
- Cohen Turner and Michael Wandel placed 3rd overall in the School Based Enterprise competition
- Bailey Coleman, Drew Harrington, and Sarah Johnson placed 4th overall in the Business Services Operations Research event with their project on Sempergreen\
- Miyanna Bell, Noelle Foster, and Takirah Johnson placed 7th overall in the Financial Literacy Project event with their project, Millionaire’s Club
- Trinity Carl and Hailey Davis placed 6th overall in Business Solutions Project event with their project, Donations for Vocations
- Bobby Shiner, Niyah Smith, and Jayden Warren placed 8th overall in Hospitality Tourism Operations Research event with their project on Orange’s Comfort Inn
Orange County High School also had 2 students (first ever) elected onto the Virginia State Officer Action team: Michael Wandel as the VP of Career Development and O’Brian Martin as the VP of Marketing.
DECA Inc., formerly Distributive Education Clubs of America, is a 501 not-for-profit career and technical student organization with more than 228,000 members in all 50 U.S. states, Washington, DC; Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Spain.