Orange County Public Schools uses the Schoolwide Program model of Title I.
The following schools are school-wide Title I schools: Gordon-Barbour Elementary, Lightfoot Elementary, Unionville Elementary, and Orange Elementary.
Under the Schoolwide program, schools must:
- Have 40% poverty or greater to implement a Schoolwide program
- Funds are used to improve the overall academic program of the school
A Title I Schoolwide team must annually develop a Schoolwide plan that includes the following:
- Comprehensive needs assessment
- School wide reform strategies
- Provision for instruction by highly qualified professional staff
- Strategies for increasing parental involvement
- Measures for including teacher input to improve student performance and the overall instructional program
- Provision of assistance to struggling students