Home Instruction Information and Registration
Due to COVID-19, the evidence of achievement required for home instruction students has been waived for the 2019-2020 school year.
Home Instruction Information Must be Submitted Annually:
- Evidence of Achievement is due August 1st
- Notice of Intent to Provide Home Instruction is due August 15th
To register for home instruction:
- Submit a notice of intent.
- Select a home instruction option and provide the required documentation for the option selected.
- Submit a list of subjects that the student(s) will study.
- Submit evidence of achievement at the end of the school year.
Contact Michelle Milligan with questions about home instruction by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 540-661-4550.
There are two methods of registering:
- Register and upload all necessary documents electronically
- Download and submit printed version of registration form and submit all documents via U.S. Postal Service regular mail or email to email@example.com.
Register/ Submit Documents by Electronic Submission
Use this method to complete the online registration form and submit all documents electronically.
Online registration uses a google form. A google account is needed to use this form. If you would like to use the online form but do not currently have a google account, you can easily obtain an account using your existing email address.
Before accessing the online registration form, be sure you have the following documents in electronic format so that they can be uploaded.
- 1 of the following 4 documents to confirm that you will be able to provide adequate education for your child.
– High school diploma or a higher credential
– Qualifications prescribed by the Board of Education for a teacher
– Program of Study
– Statement to provide adequate education
- List of subjects to be studied during the coming school year
Register/ Submit Printed Documents
Use this method to download and submit printed version of registration form and submit all documents via U.S. Postal Service regular mail or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please print, fill out, and mail the following documents:
- Notice of Intent Form
- Forms Demonstrating Eligibility to Provide Home instruction (Submit only 1 of possible 4 documents depending on how you wish to be recognized as eligible):
– High school diploma or a higher credential. I have a high school diploma or a higher credential.
– Teacher Qualifications. I have the qualifications prescribed by the Board of Education for a teacher.
– Program of Study. I will provide a program of study or curriculum which is to be delivered through a correspondence course or a distance learning program or in some other manner.
– Statement to provide adequate education. I have attached to this notice a statement which describes why I am able to provide an adequate education for my child(ren).
- As prescribed in § 22.1-254.1 of the Code of Virginia, include a list of subjects to be studied during the coming school year .
Orange County Public Schools
Attention: Home Instruction
200 Dailey Dr
Orange, VA 22960
Direct any questions to email@example.com